With Valentine’s Day just around the corner and Americans planning to spend a record $19.7 billion collectively on the occasion, personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of the best and worst cities for Valentine's Day — and Orlando came out pretty good.
To find out which cities are the most romantic while going easy on couples’ wallets, WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the 100 most populated cities across 15 key metrics, ranging from restaurant-meal costs and number of attractions to number of florists per capita.
Orlando topped all other Florida metros, coming in at No. 4 on the list. Tampa finished at No. 15, Miami No. 82 and Jacksonville at No. 86.
On a scale of 1 = best and 50 = average, here's how Orlando stacked up:
- 1st: Number of restaurants per capita
- 10th: Number of attractions
- 1st: Number of jewelry stores per capita
- 1st: Number of florists per capita
- 34th: average wine price (cost data adjusted by the median household income of each city)
- 1st: Number of specialty stores per capita
- 53rd: Weather forecast for Valentine’s Day